We have few doubts related to payeezy payment gateway implementaion in our project.
1. Complete Flow
- We want to do the authorization on order creation and then charge the customer when the order is shipped. We assume the flow will be like
Pre-Authorization(01) (for authorization) -> Tagged Pre-Authorization Completion(32) (for charging)
- We are not clear how Pre-Authorization Only(05) is different from Pre-Authorization(01)?
- What is purchase(00) used for in terms of credit cards?
- Can we do charging and authorization through single API call?
- Can we do partial charging and then reuse the remaining amount left in the authorization for charging the remaining amount? Example scenario can be:
--Order total is $100 and we did the authorization for the complete amount. After this if I need to do the charging in two parts $60 and then $40. Can we use the same authorization (transaction tag and authorization num ) for two charging requests?
--Another case is for $60 we did the charging and then for remaining $40 order is cancelled. In this scenario do we need to explicitly void the remaing $40?
--What if in above case the amount increased from $100 to $150, so can use the same $100 authorization to do the charging for excess amount?
2. Authorization expiry and Re-Authorization
- Is there any authorization expiration concept in Payeezy? By authorization expiry we mean the default number of days for which the amount will be blocked by payeezy before charging is initiated.
- If authorization expire concept exists, how can we issue the re-authorization after the respective expiration time? Does this require completely new authorization or we can re-use the existing authorization somehow.
- If authorization expires and we are doing the charging with the Transaction_Tag and Authorization_Num will it fail or pass?
- How can we check the current authorization status?
- Can one refund the extra amount to person for lesser charging done as part of shipment? Do Payeezy places check over such scenarios?
- Can we do the refund withought passing the charge details in refund request?